- Before you make a purchase online, make sure the store is safe. Every website should have information about the name and location of the company and the e-mail address and telephone number to use should you have any problems. There should also be information about deliveries and returns, the procedure for submitting complaints as well as warranty terms and conditions.
- Use a welcome text in the Internet shopping programme that is as personalised as possible. Every time you make a purchase online, ensure that the welcome text is the same as the one you set when you signed up to the programme.
- If you do not make any online purchases using your bankcard, we advise you to cancel or not to activate the Internet shopping option. That way no transactions can be made with your card online.
If you only rarely make purchases online using your bankcard, we advise you to activate the Internet shopping option only for the moment of making the purchase.
To confirm a transaction, a cardholder must enter their own Swedbank Internet Bank user ID and passwords. If a
user ID or code is entered incorrectly more than maximum allowed number of tries, Swedbank blocks the user’s
access to the Internet Bank. For further instructions call our Client Support Centre on 6 310 310.
If necessary, you can stop the Internet shopping option by pressing the “Cancel” button in the Internet Bank.
If your card has been issued as a supplementary card of a private person to an account of another private
person, in order to activate Internet shopping you should turn to the account holder. If your card has been
issued as a supplementary card to an account of any company, in order to activate Internet shopping you should
turn to the representative of the company who has been granted a sufficient right to this end to use the account
in the Internet Bank.
If your bankcard gets lost or is stolen, block it immediately in the Mobile Bank or call our Client Support
Centre on 6 310 310. In order to close a bankcard of a company, call us on 613 2222.
The websites of the e-stores that have joined the MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa programmes display
the logos of the specified solutions.
Online purchases may be confirmed with the Smart-ID, ID card, Mobile-ID, or with PIN-calculator if the Internet
shop has joined the secure shopping system MasterCard SecureCode and/or Verified by VISA.
If a separate agreement for making repeated purchases has been concluded between you and a merchant, the
merchant can debit your account with the required amount.
If you have opened an account for yourself in the iTunes, Apple or Google environment, entered the card data
there and concluded a separate agreement, then in the case of purchases made in this environment your account
will also be debited with the corresponding amount even if your card has not been activated for Internet
- If your bankcard that has been enrolled in the Internet shopping programme expires, the Internet shopping option will automatically become active upon activating the renewed card sent by post.
- The Internet shopping option will also become active automatically upon activating a replacement card sent by post.
- If you receive a renewed bankcard or a replacement card from a branch of Swedbank, you should activate the Internet shopping option in the Internet Bank again if you wish to make Internet purchases.
- NB! A new bankcard other than a renewed card or a replacement card should be enrolled in the Internet shopping programme for the purpose of Internet shopping.