Are you eager to complement your lecture room knowledge with real experience and see what the world of banking
looks like from the inside? Then do an traineeship at Swedbank!
Swedbank has been offering traineeships to students from various fields, e.g. economy, IT and real and social sciences students for many years.
After the end of their traineeship, many trainees find permanent positions in Swedbank immediately or return to work here soon after.
What do we look for in a trainee?
We appreciate initiative and an ability to learn fast. Previous work or traineeship experience is an advantage.
We also find it beneficial if you have excelled in other extracurricular activities. An ability to speak
Russian in addition to Estonian and English is an asset, too.
If you want an awesome experience, do your traineeship with us!
- We have a great work environment and lovely, supportive colleagues.
- We have summer programme Kick Start that includes a range of events, seminars, work shadowing days and more. All in the name of transforming your traineeship into something more than simply work experience.
- You get to enjoy a variety of employee discounts.
- A great number of our trainees have been very happy with the experience.
Bear in mind…
- We offer traineeships throughout the year – larger scale applying periods in early spring ant autumn.
- A traineeship usually lasts 1-6 months, depending on the needs of a particular department.
- You get to work on real tasks during your traineeship.
- Both part-time and full-time traineeships are available.
- Traineeship positions are determined during the recruitment process – we try to combine the wishes and preferences of trainees and departments.
- Our traineeships are very popular and we try to meet with as many applicants as possible. As such, reaching a final decision may take longer than expected.
For example, we received 900 applications in 2016 – of whom 102 were awarded traineeships.
Apply for an traineeship at Swedbank.
|Start of traineeship period
|03.2017 – 07.2017
||March 1st – April 15th we are waiting for Your application
Come and visit us!
Are you a student or a university graduate who is interested in the world of banking?
We would like to invite you to spend an informative and exciting visiting day with us. You will get to find out more about the bank, talk to employees and learn from their experience. In addition, we will introduce you to traineeship and job opportunities that could kick-start your career at Swedbank.
Interested? Then sign up! We will then send you further details about the event and how to register.
Apply for job shadowing!
Every year Swedbank opens its doors on the inspiring Job Shadowing Day. This nationwide event takes place
annually, in the second last week of November. Swedbank participates in the project and focuses on giving
primarily senior high school students an opportunity to see what employees do during their working days,
thereby providing them with an overview of such a day in the biggest bank in Estonia.
It is good to know that we are of interest to and popular among young people. During Job Shadowing Day in 2015 over 80 young people trailed Swedbank employees in Tallinn and elsewhere in Estonia
You meet the job shadowing profile if you:
- are at least 17 years old and studying; and
- can convincingly convey your interest in job shadowing at Swedbank.
You will find more information about applying on our website or our Facebook page in late October each year.
Year after year, we see how many smart, hard-working graduates we have at Swedbank. Getting an education
while working is a complex and time-consuming process. Swedbank values all of its employees who successfully
complete this journey very highly.
Traineeships for employees
Many students have trouble finding an traineeship position. We want to make the educational lives of our
employees easier by helping them find a potential traineeship position in Swedbank.
The aim of this traditional competition is to encourage our workers to explore fields that are important
to the bank and reward the best Master’s and doctoral graduates with bonuses.
At the end of each academic year, we acknowledge outstanding employees who have acquired higher education at the same time as working for us.
YPE youth club
2014 was an innovative year for young Swedbankers. We founded our own club – Young Professionals Estonia
(YPE). It brings together our brightest stars up to the age of 30 (of whom we have more than 200 at present).
The club aims to involve young people in activities both within and outside of the bank so that they can
extend their communication network and gain knowledge, skills and experience.
- ...meet colleagues from all over Estonia
- ... take part in charity projects
- ... go on hikes and play sports
- ... visit business partners
- ... have fun!